Having healthy teeth is more important than we think. Except the fact we want to smile to the world with white and shiny teeth, the health of our teeth may effect our entire body. Heart disease, stroke and diabetes are a partial list of diseases that may be effected by having (or not having) healthy teeth. By making sure you do a few simple things you will hep your teeth and body to stay healthy:
– Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
– Meet your dental doctor every 6 month for general dental check and a thorough cleaning.
– Avoid too much sugar and eat smartly – a healthy and balance diet may significantly improve our the health of our teeth, and therefore, the entire body. Try to avoid food or drinks with high amount of sugar like soft drinks, cakes or candies. Try to eat more whole-grain, nuts, legumes, fruit and vegetables.
– Avoid smoking – smoking encourages teeth discoloration, builds plaque on the teeth. It also increases the risk to develop gum disease and oral cancer, and the list just goes on!
– Replace your toothbrush 3-4 times a year.
Do you have more tips for maintaining healthy teeth? Let us know and we will add it to the list:)